The small popliteal lymph nodes are four or five in number and surround the popliteal veins and arteries. They are clustered at the back part of the leg behind the knee joint. They help collect excess fluids from your feet and legs.
- Popliteal artery and its branches
- Popliteal vein and its tributaries
- Tibial and common peroneal nerves.
- Termination of the small saphenous vein.
- Lower part of the posterior cutaneous nerve of the thigh.
- Popliteal lymph nodes, connective tissue and fat.
King Saud University